Mobile Design Patterns and Gestural Interfaces
Gestural Interfaces are particular good for (according to Designing Gestural Interfaces: Touchscreens and Interactive Devices by Dan Saffer):
- More natural Interactions - Interactive gestures allow users to interact more naturally with digital objects;
- Less cumbersome or visible hardware - where traditional computer configurations would be impractical or out of place;
- More flexibility - the interface is flexible and allows for multiple interactions;
- More nuance - wide range of available gestures (raised eyebrows to hand wave);
- More fun and entertaining.
How can we determine the appropriate gesture/interactions in such interfaces?