Call For Papers
We invite papers presenting original and unpublished research in all areas related to Linguistic Resources and Tools for Natural Language Processing. We call for contributions that range from theoretical, empirical and applied linguistics to computational models, from development of resources to their dedicated use for the improvement of the natural language technology, research related to any language or no one in particular; case studies, demos and review papers are also most welcome. We encourage research evidencing specific interest on the Romanian spoken or written language per se or in contrast with other languages or within its idioms, describing morphological, syntactic and semantic structures, pragmatic usage, multi-word expressions, culture-bound or nature-related, the formation of the modern Romanian language, etc. Submitted papers can include descriptions of accomplished or in progress work.
The joint ReTeRom event is rooted in a nationally funded project aiming to enhance the resources and technologies for the development of human-machine interfaces in Romanian language. Continuing the series of events established in 2018, the 4th and last ReTeRom workshop (since the project ends next year) will be organised again together with the ConsILR conference. Participants not connected to the project are also welcome.
Keynote speakers: TBA
- Romanian Academy, by the Institute for Artificial Intelligence “Mihai Drăgănescu” Bucharest (RACAI) and the Institute of Computer Science, Iași branch (ARFI-IIT)
- “Alexandru Ioan Cuza” University of Iași, by the Faculty of Computer Science (UAIC-FII)
- Romanian Association of Computational Linguistics (ARLC)
The event will run under the auspices of the Technical Sciences Academy of Romania.
Organiser of the ReTeRom workshop
- Romanian Academy Research Institute for Artificial Intelligence “Mihai Drăgănescu”
ConsILR-2020 will be hosted in parallel by RACAI and UAIC-FII, with a permanently open online session.
The ReTeRom workshop will be hosted by RACAI.
- achievements in theoretical linguistics able to inspire language technologies;
- linguistic resources, textual or spoken, in original and annotated form;
- lexicographic resources in electronic form, dictionaries and lexical thesauri;
- creation, maintenance, annotation and exploitation of linguistic corpora;
- annotation standards for textual and spoken language resources;
- exploitation of resources in corpus-based machine learning applications;
- linking of different types of linguistic resources, monolingual or multilingual;
- aligned multilingual and multimodal resources and their applications;
- linguistic technologies for any language (inspiring their applicability for Romanian);
- web services and applications that use linguistic technologies;
- symbolic, statistical, vectorial and neural methods for language processing;
- deep learning approaches in processing text and speech;
- textual and speech big data;
- research and educational projects involving language technologies;
- tools for processing old and regional language;
- any other thematic area, circumscribed to the fields of theoretical and experimental linguistics, computational linguistics and natural language processing.
Fee and registration
This year, forced by the COVID pandemic, we encourage online participation, but small groups can meet physically, observing the restrictions imposed by authorities, at both RACAI and UAIC-FII venues.
The fee for the online participation is 50 RON (approx. 10 EUR) and includes a copy of the conference volume.
For physical attendance, the participants should pay 200 RON (approx. 40 Euro) in early registration and 300 RON (approx. 60 Euro) in late registration, and the costs include: access to conference sessions, conference materials, a copy of the conference volume, coffee breaks, lunches on 14 and 15 December and (possibly) a festive dinner. The fee is per participant including long-distance, not per author.
- October 23, 2020 – abstracts submission (max 300 words);
- November 13, 202 – papers submission;
- November 20, 2020 – authors’ notification;
- November 21, 2020 – registration opens;
- December 4, 2020 – final form submission;
- December 14, 2020 – registration closes;
- December 14-15, 2020 – ConsILR Conference;
- December 16, 2020 – ReTeRom Workshop;
- After the Conference – the volume, edited by the UAIC Publishing House, will be submitted for evaluation towards indexing to Clarivate Analytics (former ISI Thomson).
- Mihaela Colhon – Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences, University of Craiova
- Svetlana Cojocaru – Academy of Sciences of Moldova, Institute of Mathematics and Computer Sciences
- Horia Cucu – Faculty of Electronics, Telecommunications and Information Technology, University Politehnica of Bucharest
- Dan Cristea – UAIC-FII & ARFI-IIT
- Tsvetana Dimitrova – IBL, BAS
- Liviu Dinu – Faculty of Mathematics and Computer Science, University of Bucharest
- Daniela Gîfu – UAIC-FII & ARFI-IIT
- Adrian Iftene – UAIC-FII & ARFI-IIT
- Diana Zaiu Inkpen – School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, University of Ottawa, Canada
- Radu Ion – RACAI
- Elena Irimia – RACAI
- Svetlozara Leseva – IBL, BAS
- Dana Lupsa – Facultatea de Matematica si Informatica, Universitatea Babes-Bolyai Cluj-Napoca
- Maria Mitrofan – RACAI
- Mihai Alex Moruz – UAIC-FII
- Mihaela Onofrei – ARFI-IIT & UAIC-FII
- Vasile Florian Păiș – RACAI
- Adriana Stan – Faculty of Electronics and Telecommunications,Technical University of Cluj-Napoca
- Elena Isabelle Tamba –“A. Philippide” Institute of Romanian Philology, Iași branch of Romanian Academy
- Horia-Nicolai Teodorescu – ARFI-IIT & Faculty of Electronics, Telecommunications and Information Technology, “Gheorghe Asachi” Technical University of Iași
- Diana Trandabăț – UAIC-FII & ARLC;
- Ștefan Trăușan-Matu – Faculty of Automation, Control and Computer Engineering, Politehnica University of Bucharest & RACAI
- Dan Tufiş – RACAI
- Verginica Barbu Mititelu – RACAI & ARLC
- Dan Cristea – UAIC-FII & ARFI-IIT & ARLC
- Corina Forăscu – UAIC-FII
- Lucian Gâdioi – UAIC-FII & ARLC
- Daniela Gîfu – UAIC-FII & ARFI-IIT
- Adrian Iftene – UAIC-FII
- Elena Irimia – RACAI
- Mihaela Onofrei – ARFI-IIT & UAIC-FII & ARLC
- Ionuț Pistol – UAIC-FII
- Andrei Scutelnicu – UAIC-FII & ARFI-IIT
- Diana Trandabăț – UAIC-FII & ARLC
- Dan Tufiş – RACAI & ARLC