The ConsILR series
We invite papers presenting original and unpublished research in all areas related to Linguistic Resources and Tools for Natural Language Processing. We call for contributions that range from theoretical, empirical and applied linguistics to computational models, from development of resources to their dedicated use for the improvement of the natural language technology, research related to any language or no one in particular; case studies, demos and review papers are also most welcome. We encourage research evidencing specific interest on the Romanian spoken or written language per se or in contrast with other languages or within its idioms, describing morphological, syntactic and semantic structures, pragmatic usage, multi-word expressions, culture-bound or nature-related, the formation of the modern Romanian language, etc. Submitted papers can include descriptions of accomplished or in progress work.
- Christiane D. Fellbaum, Linguistics and the Computer Science Department, Princeton University, USA Bio
Scales in the Lexicon: Identification, Construction, Applications Abstract
- Ruslan Mitkov, Research Institute of Information and Language Processing, University of Wolverhampton, UK Bio
With a little help from NLP: My Language Technology applications with impact on society Abstract
- Maciej Ogrodniczuk, Institute of Computer Science, Polish Academy of Sciences Bio
ParlaMint: Multilingual Comparable Corpora of Parliamentary Debates Abstract
- Mariia Shvedova, Department of Applied Linguistics, Lviv Polytechnic National University, Ukraine Bio
Regional Annotation within GRAC, a Large Reference Corpus of Ukrainian Abstract
- Constantin Orăsan, Centre for Translation Studies, University of Surrey, UK Bio
What machine translation tells us about sentiments in other languages Abstract
- Svetlana Cojocaru, Academy of Sciences of Moldova, Institute of Mathematics and Computer Science Bio
HeDy – a platform for heterogeneous document processing Abstract
- Romanian Academy, by the Institute of Computer Science, Iași branch (ARFI-IIT), the Institute for Artificial Intelligence “Mihai Drăgănescu” Bucharest (RACAI), and the “A. Philippide” Institute of Romanian Philology (Philippide)
- “Alexandru Ioan Cuza” University of Iași, by the Faculty of Computer Science (UAIC-FII)
- Academy of Sciences of Moldova,
- Vladimir Andrunachievici Institute of Mathematics and Computer Science (Chișinău, Republic of Moldova)
- Technical University of Moldova (Chișinău, Republic of Moldova)
- Romanian Association of Computational Linguistics (ARLC)
The event will run under the auspices of the Technical Sciences Academy of Romania.
Academy of Sciences of Moldova, Vladimir Andrunachievici Institute of Mathematics and Computer Science, and Technical University of Moldova will host in parallel in Chisinau the 17th edition of ConsILR with a permanently open online session.