The ConsILR series
We invite papers presenting original and unpublished research in all areas related to Linguistic Resources and Tools for Natural Language Processing. We call for contributions that range from theoretical, empirical and applied linguistics to computational models, from development of resources to their dedicated use for the improvement of the natural language technology, research related to any language or no one in particular; case studies, demos and review papers are also most welcome. We encourage research evidencing specific interest on the Romanian spoken or written language per se or in contrast with other languages or within its idioms, describing morphological, syntactic and semantic structures, pragmatic usage, multi-word expressions, culture-bound or nature-related, the formation of the modern Romanian language, etc. Submitted papers can include descriptions of accomplished or in progress work.
- Georg Rehm, Towards Digital Language Equality in 2030 – Contributions from European Language Grid and European Language Equality – German Research Center for Artificial Intelligence
- Marc Kupietz, Providing staged corpus – Leibniz-Institut für Deutsche Sprache
- Dima Turchyn, From research to applied use cases: how recent developments in NLP and Speech are changing AI services – Microsoft
- Milena Dobreva, Language technologies and large-scale digital heritage resources: friends or foes? – Sofia University
- Romanian Academy, by the Institute of Computer Science, Iași branch (ARFI-IIT), the Institute for Artificial Intelligence “Mihai Drăgănescu” Bucharest (RACAI), and the “A. Philippide” Institute of Romanian Philology (Philippide)
- “Alexandru Ioan Cuza” University of Iași, by the Faculty of Computer Science (UAIC-FII)
- Romanian Association of Computational Linguistics (ARLC)
The event will run under the auspices of the Technical Sciences Academy of Romania.