|Lecturer:  ||Assoc. Prof. Cristian Gaţu, Ph.D.|
- Change of calssroom: The student session on Thursday, 23rd of January will take place in the room C411.
- The schedule of the student talks can be found here. (last update: 17.01.2020)
- The research topics chosen by the students can be found here. (last update: 25.11.2019)
- Early recovery timetable of 11th week (December 9-15).
- Academic year 2019-2020 structure
- D. S. Moore, G. P. McCabe, B. Craig. Introduction to the Practice of Statistics. W. H. Freeman & Co., 2009.
- G. Cowan. Statistical Data Analysis. Clarendon Press, 1998.
- T. Hastie, R. Tibshirani and J. Friedman. The Elements of Statistical Learning, Springer, 2001. (URL)
- T.M. Mitchell. Machine Learning, McGraw-Hill, 1997.
- G. A. F. Seber, Linear Regression Analysis, John Wiley and Sons Inc., 1977.
- N.R. Draper and H. Smith, Applied Regression Analysis, John Wiley and Sons Inc., 1966.
- E.J. Kontoghiorghes, Parallel Algorithms for Linear Models: Numerical Methods and Estimation Problems, Kluwer Academic Publishers, 2000.
- Lecture 1   (detailed notes 1)
- Bibliography: [CR1] (Ch 1: Introduction, 1.1, 1.2); [CR2] (pp 1-20); [CR6] (pp 39-47).
- Lecture 2   (detailed notes 2,   Z-Table,   t-Table)
- Bibliography: [CR2] (pp 26-34); [CR1] (pp 53-67, 314-344, 356-366).
- Lecture 3   (detailed notes 3)
- Bibliography: [CR6]
- Lecture 4   (detailed notes 4)
- Bibliography: [CR1] (pp 560-576).
- Lecture 5   (detailed notes 4),   (House dataset)
- Bibliography: [CR1] (pp 607-613).
- Lecture 6   (detailed notes 5)
- Bibliography: [CR3] (pp 57-61, 219-227).
- Lecture 7
- Lecture 7, 2nd part
- Lecture 8